Friday 7 January 2011

Repeated Pattern, Repeated Pattern, Repeated Pattern





So as I mentioned the first part of this project is repeated pattern and over the past 2 days we have been drawing our designs in some drawing workshops. The ‘images’ which we are producing have been from random objects which we all had to bring in. My object(s) were a knife and fork, however in the workshop we drew an object then passed it along, producing a ‘montage’ type piece. Each drawing was only for 2-4 minutes (varying time depending on how generous our tutor was feeling!) We then worked into our drawings filling the gaps with pattern. I am really enjoying the drawing process of this project as it is more expressive and it doesn’t have to be perfect. I am also enjoying filling the ‘negative spaces’ with pattern. Here are some images of my drawing so far, and the next step on the agenda is to draw it out onto a Koda Trace , so it can be put onto a screen for printing.

No comments:

Post a Comment