Sunday 30 January 2011

Direct Dye and Discharge






now that I have done another repeated pattern print I am focusing on my main project. I have dyed 4 pieces of cotton in colours taken from a bird which I have drawn from. I have then printed some of the poem text onto the fabric in discharge dye. Which takes the colour away when heated. Instead of putting the whole fabric in the steamer and it taking all the colour out (where printed), I ironed the fabric and had more control over it.
I absolutely love how they have worked out, but now I am going to cut them into strips for my weft.

1 comment:

  1. agian can you provide me with recipe and dye you used to discharge the direct dyed fabric as we know most of the reducing agents like sodium formaldehyde sulfoxylate are not stable with dyes and cut them inside glass and does not allow them to show color on the fabric..

    thats why doing discharge on reactive dyed fabric with reactive dye is not possible....

    any help

    ReplyDelete