Wednesday 5 January 2011

Following on, or starting a fresh?








Last project I was looking at T.S Elliots poem ‘The Wasteland’. I really enjoy turning words into images and find this poem so fascinating. Here are some images from my presentation we had to give; I may try to put up a few more images of the project when I get it back from uni! But for now my mind is sifting through all the ideas in my head for this next project. I am thinking I may stick to a poem and see what I can extract from the words – drawing from the words and also drawing with the words, just like Darren Cabon (image of the man in words, second image from the top), which I began to look into in my last project.

Part of this project is to enter 2 competitions, the first being the Bradford Textiles competition. I am hoping to do weaving for this and am going to think about the context to inform my drawings – something I have not done before, as I often think of context nearer the end. However, this competition requires me to start thinking of a context before, which I am looking forward to! ...I am going to have to really get my thinking cap on as I’m not sure how I can turn words into weaving quite yet, but as I’ve said this is just an idea; and the way my minds works this idea may evolve into many different things before I settle on one that I like and that is possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment