Tuesday 4 January 2011

2011 - a New Year, a New Start.






We have just started back up at uni and boy are we hitting the ground running – hard! This next project has 2 focuses. The first is to produce a 2.5m printed fabric sample with a repeat pattern which we will draw in the workshop this Thursday; and the second focus is based on our own choice of theme and will be entered into 2 competitions. We also have to write a 2,500 word report.

Over the holidays, for Christmas presents and others, my lovely parents bought me some brilliant art books. One of which is ‘Masters of Fashion Illustration’ by David Downton. I have always been interested in fashion illustrations and always wished I could draw like them. This book is so full of interesting and exciting images and I hope to be able to take inspiration and tips from the artists within this book. There are many different qualities of line in the images and I am going to apply these to my drawings on Thursday, and throughout this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment