Friday 14 May 2010

Stripes and Checks








Our 2nd project was 'Stripes and Checks' with the theme of 'Intergalactic'.
This project was pretty difficult - at least on the drawing side of things ... my student loan doesn't quite cover a trip into space! but I managed to look at it from the wonderful planet that is earth and these amazing things called books. Not only were we to draw Intergalactic, but we were learning to weave on the looms, which I LOVE!!! ahh the looms are so exciting I love being on them and producing exciting patterns and textures :)! we also had to 'upcycle' which meant using all these household objects, I ended up using quite a bit of tin foil, the different look and feel of each side was fun to play with.
I also love buttons, big ones, small ones, sqaure, round , colourful, plain, ee so many types to choose from :) , so I used some buttons for my piece as well.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for following! Good luck with your blog, I'll keep checking back

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love these- so creative and lovely.

    Looking forwar to seeing more updates from you!

    XXXXX

    ReplyDelete