Tuesday 4 October 2011

227days ...


It has been a crazy first two days back at uni! We are into third year now and boy has the pace picked up. We’ve been thrown straight back into it all and I am loving it! Not only do we have our main focus project and essay, but we have a fantastic opportunity to show work at Indigo in Premiere Vision Paris next year and have a live project from another company. Honestly it is all a bit over whelming but I can’t wait to get straight in … Following on my project from last year I am continuing to look at birds, costume and movement. I have been drawing a few Eagles recently and I am in love with their huge wing span and how they soar through the air. I find the idea of feathers so interesting as they are so fragile on their own but so strong when layered up as a wing. I would like to look into feathers and wings and possibly make a costume with this. Hopefully filming and photographing it. I also want to explore different materials and the different qualities I can create with them. I would also like to research and learn more about the rituals and dances influenced by birds … it’s going to be a busy year … bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment